Thursday, May 21, 2009

'Racism' is everywhere.

It’s everywhere. And I use this term only as a general expression. They discriminate on basis of everything. In college the uncool become castigated. In Church the sinners are looked down upon. In prison it’s vice versa. For me racism is not just a discrimination based on race. It represents ALL discrimination. This is because I find the word ‘discrimination’ too cumbersome to type again and again. I’m the lazy kind.

I’ve been through a rough patch recently, where things have not been going that great. Much of the roughness again, comes from MY view of the ‘racism’ that has been doled out to me. There is the option of saying ‘I hate those motherfuckers!!!’ and then feeling good because I used gaali on a public interface. (Some people actually are like that). But then again I won’t. Firstly, there’s no point. And secondly I don’t like doing it.

And what was the point of this post again?Yeah, frstly its my first post in a year or so. And Secondly nothing else struck me as a possible topic.

Either way, what I’ve come to realize something. Life can be a bitch. And the whole friendship thing can be an illusion. And most importantly, there can be an ocean of difference between what you think of yourself and what others think of you. Perhaps what they think of you, the negativity of it comes out as ‘racism’. And when I am looking at 4 more years of this ‘racism’ of mine, I can confidently say Racism is Everywhere. Time to get those books on Babe Ruth, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar and Barack Obama. They after all survived the normal type of racism. Perhaps they’ll help me survive mine.

No comments: